Insert data to local mysql server from python connector on beaglebone with angstrom

I have tested my python connector on PC in this article:

Insert data to a mysql server from python ON PC with windows


But the funny thing is that when I move every thing on a beaglebone with Angstrom, I got conection refused error on localhost:3306, I have checked my my.cnf file under etc/
[client]
#password = password
port         = 3306
socket = /tmp/mysql.sock

[mysqld_safe]
err-log = /var/log/mysql.err

[mysqld]
user = mysql
port = 3306
socket = /tmp/mysql.sock
pid-file = /var/lib/mysql/mysqld.pid
log-error = /var/log/mysqld.err
basedir = /usr
datadir = /var/mysql
skip-locking
loose-skip-innodb
skip-networking
bind-address = localhost

Google it, there are several possibilities:
port or socket not correct, but from above, I believe both are correct.
about the bind-address, there are 2 different talk

using mysqladmin variables | grep port 
I got below:
so the port is for sure at 3306, but when doing telenet localhost:3306
connection refused. This could be an issue.

But after comment out skip-networking in my.cnf and retart ....
connection seems working, no more connection refused.


留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Heltec ESP32+OLED+Lora, hardware testing

micro SD card for ESP32, on lolin32 with OLED and heltec 32 lora oled

Install Network Time Protocol(NTP) on BeagleBone with Angstrom linux and set local time zone