ELRS on Pixhawk 2.4 with ardupilot

I still have few old FC:3DR pixhawk


 

I have try to connect my ELRS 2.4G rx to it. since you got RC control and telemetry on one little receiver.

But ELRS is relatively recent, not much resource on it. There are also different version of clone. but when flashing with mission planner, it says this is FMUv2

I have set up and bind tested my ELRS https://ldsrc.blogspot.com/2023/05/crsf-lers-decode-with-arduino-leonardo.html

I know it works on RC channel output.

First thing is to know the Serial port Nr in mission planner mapping to the labels on my pixhawk. Lucky the mapping is quite straight forward.

Pixhawk FMUv2 / Cube FMU v3 Serial Mapping


The I follow this instruction: to set serial protocol at 23, and othe

https://www.expresslrs.org/quick-start/ardupilot-setup/


My ELRS is at V.3.2.1, we can set the baudrate, since we set 115 in pixhawk, I also set the same in ELRS RX.

then it's the chaos...I tried different ports, different baudrate, invert TX/RX(which is not necessary on both side)

At the end, I believe when you set serial protocol at 23, ardupilot will automatically set baudrate to 420 000, which you can't find in the serial baud selection.

So, I kept the serial baud at 115200 and change my elrs rx baud at 420k...

Then I got it worked at serial4. I can have RC input when goes to the rc calibration section.


Next step is the telemetry on T18

https://github.com/yaapu/FrskyTelemetryScript/wiki/Passthrough-over-CRSF-and-ExpressLRS

I have RC_options set for using passthrough for CRSF

I did the config it says, and get the yaapu lua 2.0.0 on my T18 have the elrs support enabled, but still get noting on the elrs debug...

I tested with purchased 2.4G one and my 915 TTGO V2, both has  radio channel input, but  get no telemetry data.


Here is a long discussion, some one has the same situation as I do:

https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/passthrough-telemetry-over-crsf-crossfire/62668/723?page=36

It seems you need a DMA access uart port.

(there is a mavlink lua)


in the same discussion it talks about also:

1. pixhawk-1M will not work. I checked here on git it seems my 3dr pixhawk should use for pixhawk1, based on fmuv3

I was flashing V2....

the flash rate of elrs: the telemetry rate should be 25Hz(50Hz)  in AP version 4.1

What I did:

1.change elrs v3 rate to 333Hz, 1:4 for telemetry. Not working

2. flash flatform pixhawk1(I failed 2 times with arduplane, loaded arducopter OK), serial4protocol=23, RC_option=256+32, RSSI=3

and it works...


But it give me a warning saying this is a 1M version...

I change to another one, with 3DR marked:
do the same thing as above, but with arduplane, it flash pixhawk1 ok.
and works fine, but keep on telling me:
5/6/2023 9:02:49 PM : ERROR: 1M flash use Pixhawk1-1M
5/6/2023 9:02:39 PM : ERROR: 1M flash use Pixhawk1-1M
5/6/2023 9:02:29 PM : ERROR: 1M flash use Pixhawk1-1M
the crsf debug:


It seems it's the flash version took me 2 days to find out why.
googling around, it seems you have to use QGC to find out what is what.
https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/pixhawk-1-or-pixhawk-1-1m-how-to-know/65296/6
In QGC:

it seems pixracer has more ram...

it's seems my first one is 1M

I'm confused, it says 2M in QGC


but, it still shows alarm

I have 2 3DR pixhawk mini on hand, I open it and found it's a ver 3 chip, 2MB flash




留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Heltec ESP32+OLED+Lora, hardware testing

micro SD card for ESP32, on lolin32 with OLED and heltec 32 lora oled

Install Network Time Protocol(NTP) on BeagleBone with Angstrom linux and set local time zone