Soco TC 04 original power system performance test 20220322

 The original wire of soco TC  from battery connector to controller is very thin, and very long. with original set up I got about 2400W

But inside the battery pack it use XT60 and 10 AWG wire, which seems more reasonable for a 40A load.

wire near the air breaker. the contact does not seem good enough for me.

Battery connector side. some one says the connect is heated in long drive.


This is the connector from motor, there are hall sensors and 
Also a motor temp NTC sensor(the white wire) which did not connected.

I change the connector and the wire from battery XT60 to ESC, in basic, since the battery pack inside use 10 awg and xt60, it should be good. but for future changes I use a XT90 and bigger wire.
with same battery package, I got a slightly better result. 2665W

 
From previous search in 02, I knew the ESC can take higher voltage, but it would go into protection at 75V.

Original battery pack voltage.

Adding one cell in serial

So, I added a lipo cell at external, and test the performance: 2786W

Maybe the number is not accurate, but in comparison, new wire and a extra cell does give better performance.

I live on hill, so I wish to increase the current, i.e. increase the torque. So I open up the ESC, try to find the shut sensor, and modify it.

I original shunt resistor is 2 piece of 2mOhm in parallel, so it gives 1mOhm, and limited at 40A, it means when ESC get 40mV, it will limit the out put.

Here is the calculation:




I first added a shunt R to reduce the resistance:







measured with internal resistance tested(not sure if this is right) 

Later on I change to connector type for easier changing setting:


It does give more current, but in very short time, about 1min, the system will flashing and shutdown. I will need to turn off the airbreak and turn on again to bring back the power. Not sure it's cut form BMS or ESC or system controller?
  

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Heltec ESP32+OLED+Lora, hardware testing

micro SD card for ESP32, on lolin32 with OLED and heltec 32 lora oled

AIS0. understanding AIS NMEA 0183: How it's coded