orange internal module with telemetry firmware upgrade DSM

I have a 9XR Pro
Image result for 9XR PRO

the first module I use is a PPM base DSM module:
this module support 4 types of DSM protocol, it would auto select when binding with receiver, but if you switch planes between different type DSM, you need to select the binded one, by quick pressing bind key 3 times.


The I saw this module using internal antenna of 9XR Pro, I took it.

Image result for hobby king turnigy internal module

This modele take me few search to bind, and ran into problems with some DSMX receiver. 
refer to https://ldsrc.blogspot.com/2018/06/orange-dsm2dsmx-tx-modules-how-to-make.html

I did met lot of trouble, and I found this:

Orange Module running MULTI protocol


it seems the default firmware of the module has some issue. need to be updated.
Mike has this module and 9XR PRO, he wrote a bootloader for the module, there is a Xmega in the module, so the fist step is to use an arduino pro mini (must be a 3.3V one, 16Mhz or 8Mhz should not matter, I use 16Mhz 3.3V 328), this require some wire wedding between the module and the pro mini.

It's also important the first check the PCB color and resistor of your module, green one and blue one could be some how different.

So, I programmed my pro mini and wire up 4 wire between module PCB and pro mini, GND to GND, CLK to IO2, DAT to IO3, then I connect raw power of pro mini to the power pin of the module(the 5 pin header), then power the module with a 6V DC through the pin header.
slow flash on the pro mini LED means OK.

Once the module has the boot loader, we can use 9XR PRO to up date the module's firmware.
I need to update the firmware of 9XR PRO, the latest firmware(not sure for the previous ones) support uploading orange firmware.


update the last firemware for 9XR PRO, refer to this:


I loaded the latest one VR222, where I found here:
https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676#p65894


for the firmware of module
last module firmware:
MultiOrangeP1_1_6_22.zip
14-Aug-2017 15:17
Provisional 1.1.6.22

unzip and copy this into the SD card, you have to enter maintenance mode, press the 2 trim taps outward when turn on the remote.(with module in the bay.)

select the upload multi, and select the file,(the on I have is an hex file, so select hex first)

move cursor to update, press menu, see some words on the screen, and long press menu,  it should start to update.



I tested with 615X, with this version I can select the protocol and the option for channel Nr of the receiver.
it finally works with all my DSM receivers.~~~~

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Heltec ESP32+OLED+Lora, hardware testing

micro SD card for ESP32, on lolin32 with OLED and heltec 32 lora oled

Install Network Time Protocol(NTP) on BeagleBone with Angstrom linux and set local time zone